Students in these Year levels have three options when purchasing a device:
- Option 1: A Windows laptop recommended by the College supplied through our BYOD partner, JB Hi-Fi.
- Option 2: A MacBook recommended by the College supplied through our BYOD partner, JB Hi-Fi.
- Option 3: A laptop or MacBook you own, or purchase through an alternative supplier sourced by you.
Please note that students in Year 8 in 2018 will continue to use iPads. All students in Years 7 to 12 in 2019 will be expected to use laptops.
YEAR 7 AND YEARS 9 TO 12
- 12” screen or larger
- Screen resolution of 1920x1080 or higher
- Intel Core i5 or i7 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB solid state storage (no spinning hard disks)
- 8 hour battery life
- 802.11ac 5Ghz wireless
- Windows 10/macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
All devices made available through the College’s partnership with JB Hi-Fi meet these requirements.
YEAR 8 (2018 only)
- Current-generation iPad or iPad Pro (iPad Mini is not suitable)
- 9.7” or 10.5” screens only (7.9” mini or 12.9” pro screens are not suitable)
- Minimum of 128GB storage (greater storage is needed to meet curriculum requirements in Years 4 upwards)
PURCHASING A DEVICE
If you haven't ordered a device for 2018 yet, do not worry! There is still time to order online via the JB Hi-Fi portal, however we cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.
Tatachilla has partnered with JB Hi-FI to provide families with the best possible pricing on devices pre-selected and approved by the ICT Services team. All devices available on the JB Hi-Fi portal meet the minimum requirements for learning at the College.
To purchase from JB Hi-Fi, simply visit the portal link below and use the code TLC2018 to access the Tatachilla portal.