Students in Years 1 to 6 at the Junior School have two device options:
- Option 1: An iPad recommended by the College supplied through our BYOD partner, JB Hi-Fi.
- Option 2: An iPad you own, or purchase through an alternative supplier sourced by you.
- Reception devices are supplied by the College.
YEAR 1 TO YEAR 3
- Current-generation iPad (Air, Air 2 or the new iPad; iPad Mini and iPad Pro are not suitable)
- 9.7” screen only (7.9” mini or 12.9” pro screens are not suitable)
- Minimum of 32GB storage
YEAR 4 TO YEAR 6
- Current-generation iPad or iPad Pro (iPad Mini is not suitable)
- 9.7” or 10.5” screens only (7.9” mini or 12.9” pro screens are not suitable)
- Minimum of 128GB storage (greater storage is needed to meet curriculum requirements in Years 4 upwards)
Please pay particular attention to the storage space required for different year levels. The College will not support iPad devices with a screen size other than 10.5”. Larger screens are too prone to damage and smaller screens are not conducive to learning.
PURCHASING A DEVICE
Tatachilla has partnered with JB Hi-FI to provide families with the best possible pricing on devices pre-selected and approved by the ICT Services team. All devices available on the JB Hi-Fi portal meet the minimum requirements for learning at the College.
To purchase from JB Hi-Fi, simply visit the portal link below and use the code TLC2018 to access the Tatachilla portal.